October 8, 2009

Super yummy smoothie

I found this super yummy smoothie/slushie on the site Not So Average Kid. The author is an 11 yr old girl and she often posts great recipes. This has been my fave so far because it's so easy and so healthy!! I changed her recipe just a bit by changing the sugar to Splenda. This cut calories and obviously cuts sugar. :) My kiddos love this and they often have it for breakfast or for an afternoon snack.


-- 5 Strawberries
-- 4 ice cubes
-- 1/4 cup of water
-- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice (depending on how lemony you want your slushies)
-- sugar Splenda to your liking
-- banana
(optional- I added this and it was great!!)

Put ice cubes in a blender and blend until crushed. Add the strawberries, water, lemon juice, Splenda, and banana if you chose. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Sounds delicious, tori. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails