January 10, 2010

Taco Soup

Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef or turkey

1 onion, chopped

3 (15 ½ oz) cans of mild cooking chili beans; you would use while making chili ( I use 2 cans of pinto beans and 1 of black beans), undrained

1 (14 ½ oz)can corn, undrained

1 can diced tomato, undrained

1 can tomato sauce

1 pkg. taco seasoning

1 ½ c. water ( I like to use beef broth. Jose is allergic to tomatoes, so I don’t use them. I just increase my beef broth by a ½ cup)

Brown meat and onions in a large sauce pan( I use a stock pot), drain. Add all remaining ingredients in. Bring to a boil, let simmer on med-low for 5 mins. Stirring occasionally.

*I like to serve it with cheese on it, a spponful of sour cream and tortilla chips crushed on top.

Submitted by Karolyn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails