June 9, 2008

Pot Roast

I'm sure most of y'all know how to make a pot roast, but this is how I make mine. I'm not sure exactly what kind of roast I buy. Nothing too expensive and something labeled "pot roast." :)

1 pot roast
1/2 medium onion sliced
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 1 family size can)
Salt and pepper

I put the roast in the crock pot and put the onions, S & P and cream of mushroom soup on top. I cook it on high for about 6 hours. If I know I'm running short on time I cut the roast up first to speed it up.

This is a great Sunday meal because it cooks while we're at church. You can also throw in cut up potatos and baby carrots. Serve with rice.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'll have to give this a try, tori. I love to find easy things for Sunday and this looks wonderful.

The Mrs. said...

This sounds great and super easy. I'm trying to get a whole list of crock pot meals ready for summer so I dont have to heat my house. A stupid question though... do you add any liquid to the soup or just dump the condensed stuff straight in there?

Tori :) said...

I do sometimes add about 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of the crock pot before putting anything else in. I don't add anything to the soup though. The juice from the roast mixed with the soup makes a great rice topping.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails