November 9, 2008

My new favorite cookies



I'm not sure that these are "easy" to make, say compared to opening a package of Oreos. But they are by far the best cookie recipe I've ever tried. So worth a little extra time, and the kids love to help. They are perfect for the holidays and your friends and family will gobble them up fast!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:

  1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
  2. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
  3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

Yummmm! Let me know if you try these!

7 comments:

ShEiLa said...

They look delicious!!! I however made some WW friendly ones... take one cake mix and one small can of pumpkin...(no eggs, oil, or water) stir. You can add choc. chips or nuts. Makes about 2 dozen. The whole batch is [5 points-without the nuts or choc. chips] but if you couldn't stop eating them... you could still be successful at weigh-in.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa
ps. I will try these for my family at Thanksgiving though...

Chellie said...

I make these all the time. My recipe is a tiny bit different. But we LOVE them.

ShEiLa said...

I forgot to mention...
I add pumpkin pie spice to my little WW friendly eazy cookies.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

tara said...

those are my kitchen plates! I found 2 boxes of them at Ross when I was visiting family in CA. I bought them and brought them all the way back to Texas! I love them that much!

Anonymous said...

Yummm, that looks good.

emilysuze said...

I stumbled onto your blog via another blog and saw these cookies. I used to use the same recipe you have on here until a lady at church taught me the super, super easy version.

1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 14 oz can of Pumpkin (unseasoned)
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix cake mix and pumpkin. Will be dry initially, but continue mixing
and it will be moisten. Add chocolate chips.
Spoon onto greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Awesome cookies!

Emily

emilysuze said...

And now I realize that someone already left this same recipe.

Whoops! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails