I'm not sure that these are "easy" to make, say compared to opening a package of Oreos. But they are by far the best cookie recipe I've ever tried. So worth a little extra time, and the kids love to help. They are perfect for the holidays and your friends and family will gobble them up fast!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
Yummmm! Let me know if you try these!