March 7, 2008

Berry Smoothie

I thought I'd be the one to break up all off these yummy and EASY dinner recipes! This berry smoothie is healthy and quick and filling! Your kids will love it for an after school "treat" or after dinner "dessert."
It is also very filling and will tie those hungry little tummies over until the next meal! :)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup cranberry juice
1/2 crushed ice
1 large scoop raspberry sherbet
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
6 large strawberries

Directions:

Make sure all the fruits are frozen. Combine all ingredients in blender until desired consistency.


**I have bought the cranberry Crystal Light (it's sugarless and has no calories) made it in a pitcher and used this for the juice.
I also buy the sugar free, lo-calorie sherbet. Costco is great for buying big bags of frozen berries. At my house, we can never have enough on hand. Or you can freeze the fresh berries as well.

1 comment:

Tori :) said...

Tristan learned a smoothie in home ec class too! I'll have to get the recipe. Great idea to add desserts and treats. Thanks Chel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails